Thursday, June 24, 2010

Growing with someone

Keep this in mind. This is for all : the recently married, the ones who have been married, the soon to get married, and the ones who are still looking.

Years ago, I asked God to give me a spouse, "You don't own because you didn't ask" God said. Not only I asked for a spouse but also explained what kind of spouse I wanted. I want a nice, tender, forgiving,  passionate, honest, peaceful, generous, understanding, pleasant,warm, intelligent, humorous, attentive, compassionate and truthful spouse. I even mentioned the physical characteristics I dream about. As time went by I added the required list of my wanted spouse.

One night, in my prayer, God talked to my heart :
"My servant, I cannot give you what you want"  I asked, "Why God?" 
God said "Because I am God and I am fair. God is the truth and all I do are true and right"  I asked "God, I don't understand why I cannot have what I ask from you?"

God answered, "I will explain. It is not fair and right for Me to fulfill your demand because I cannot give something that is not your own self. It is not fair to give someone who is full of love to you if sometimes you are still hostile, or to give you someone generous but sometimes you can be cruel, or someone forgiving; however, you still hide revenge,someone sensitive however, you are very insensitive....".

He then said to me :
"It is better for Me to give you someone who I know could grow to have all qualities you are searching rather than to make you waste your time to find someone who already have the qualities you want. Your spouse would be bone from your bone and flesh from your flesh and you will see yourself in her and both of you will be one.
Marriage is like a school. It is a life-long an education. It is where you and your partner make adjustment and aim not merely to please each other, but to be better human beings and to make a solid teamwork. I do not give you a perfect partner, because you are not perfect either. I give you a partner with whom you would grow with." 

Source : Unknown 
Posted by Nuchan 

No comments:

Post a Comment